We are excited to share the news about our 18-24 month program to anyone who may need help to become financially stable (we call them Change Leaders.) or any person wanting to walk alongside people on the journey out of poverty (we call them Allies). The new session will meet weekly on Tuesdays from 6-8 p.m. starting June 12th.
We are accepting applications from potential Change Leaders who are:
2. not currently in a domestic violence situation;
3. at least 6 months clean and sober (ideally, from working a recovery program);
4. managing their mental health;
5. stable enough to commit to an 18-24 month program.
The commitment is 8-12 hours per month and participants are required to attend weekly meetings at least 3 times per month.
We are accepting applications from potential Allies who:
1. understand we are not “fixing” “broken” people, but walking alongside people to help bring about positive change in their lives;
2. are open to learning new things about others and themselves around the issue of poverty;
3. who recognize that often change is not linear and may require setbacks on the way to reaching final goals.
There is ongoing training and support for the Allies. Their commitment is 4-10 hours per month. At the outset, we ask that they attend as often as possible to get to know the group through our activities and discussions. About 16 weeks in, we ask that they come at least once a month to a weekly meeting and that they meet with their assigned partnerships once a month outside of a Tuesday evening.
This method has proven to be successful in programs around the country, and the 18-24 month time frame is the sweet spot wherein Change Leaders are able to achieve deep and long-lasting growth to better their lives in a number of ways. Please share this information and contact us with any questions about this program.
Fill out an application today to get involved!